Fraud, misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty claims run a close second in frequency to breach of contract claims. They can involve difficult issues like the proof of a misrepresentation or the existence of a fiduciary duty, whether the defendant had a duty to disclose information, the importance of a misrepresentation or omission, whether the claimant justifiably relied on the misrepresentation or omission, and whether the misrepresentation or omission caused the plaintiff to suffer damages and, if so, how much.
As with breach of contract claims, the lawyers Moulton & Wilson, LLP have handled hundreds of fraud, misrepresentation, and fiduciary duty claims on both sides of the docket and has dealt with such issues frequently.
Representative fraud and breach of fiduciary duty matters handled by lawyers at Moulton & Wilson, LLP include:
- Prosecution of fraud and breach of warranty claims against ERP software vendor on behalf of a Fortune 100 company.
- Representation of a major oil company in three-week arbitration of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims arising out of a gas and power trading joint venture.
- Representation of the owners of a nuclear power plant in trial against nuclear systems supplier for fraud and breach of warranty.
- Defense of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims in trial against the general partner of an oil and gas partnership.
- Representation on appeal of a physician who had obtained a take-nothing judgment in his favor in a fraud and misrepresentation suit
The experienced Commercial Litigation lawyers at Moulton & Wilson, LLP will guide you through the litigation process so you can focus on running and building your business. During your initial consultation we will listen to the legal issues confronting your business. We will clearly explain what you can expect from us and what we will expect from you so that together we can achieve your goals.